Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First steps....SCARY!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, most of us have all had thoughts about owning our own business, or better yet taking something we like to do as a hobby and turn it into a business.  Well... That is where I am at.  I make jewelry.  My husband bought me a few kits a number of years ago, I tried them and after that I was hooked!  It has turned into an obsession!  LOL.  

Im sorry let me introduce myself, how rude of me.  My name is Kristi Evans and I have decided to turn my hobby or obsession (which ever you want to call it.), and turned it into a business.  I am a stay at home mother of teenagers and a wife of a wonderful man.  I am unable to work which is a long story I won't bore you with.  My family had hit hard times (who in this country hasn't, right?) my family needed extra income.  I wanted to help my husband out with our financial situation.  So here I am starting a home-based business by making jewelry and selling it online and locally.

In this blog I will be blogging about the steps I go through in becoming a successful business owner.  I will also, be uploading photos of my work.  

Let's start with tomorrow, I am meeting with the SBDC which stands for Small Business Development Center of Colorado.  Anyone who is starting a small business I would suggest you check them out. The SBDC is a great place to find organizations and grants that might be available to help you start your business.  If you decide to take out a start-up loan the SBDC helps you get your business plan together to make going for the loan a slam dunk.

Over the next few weeks or months I know there are going to be times where I am frustrated and think that "I can't do this!". I look forward to hearing from others who are in the same boat and starting up their own businesses.  So, I guess it's time to say "Let the journey begin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment